Multinational business enterprises are moving forward on the path of streamlining their financials, supply chain vendor departments, and procurement and billing processes to ensure a completely transparent business process. Even small and medium enterprises are stepping into the realm of technology to carry their businesses forward. The need of the hour is for the best ERP software that aid the company’s top management professionals in taking crucial business decisions and expand their businesses using the same. They are looking for a more comparative knowledge base that goes beyond the lines of ‘what is meant by SAP’ and explains SAP S/4 HANA and Oracle ERP Cloud in detail. Exploration of ERP solutions consumes time and money but investing in an ERP solution that goes all the way to the end user is crucial in the long run. Companies need to train their employees adequately with these technologies and ensure that the employees are well-versed with the ERP software that meets the business requirements of the company. Failing to do so reduces the overall success of the company in the long run.
In the sales realm
SAP S/4 HANA
- SAP S/4 HANA comes with a built-in sales feature that has a platform for sales teams. These teams can manage accounts, build invoices, manage orders and contracts, and streamline the procurement processes using the ERP interface.
- SAP has also completely disintegrated its Customer Relationship Management Tool and placed parts of it in the S/4 HANA ERP. This is done by including an option of customer records in the sales, procurement, and financial parts of the ERP.
- There is no marketing and customer support feature as those are to be bought separately from them in the form of marketing automation and helpdesk software packages. SAP C/4 HANA suite has a customer experience suite that can be used by the company for customer management.
Oracle ERP Cloud
- Oracle in itself doesn’t have a dedicated sales tool in its ERP Cloud which can become an object of confusion for companies that focus and rely on their sales departments.
- ERP Cloud has a huge bandwidth of financial records of a company which is why the vital consumer information that is stored and managed within the ERP platform has an all-round base.
- There are tabs which can be filtered according to the customer such as quotes management, order, financial records, and procurement tools.
- The companies that are more comfortable with a traditional CRM tool or sales enablement tool can work with the traditional stand-alone customer experience, marketing, sales, service, and social tools offered by Oracle. These traditional tools can be integrated with the cloud.
Some major differences
SAP S/4 HANA
- This is built for big business conglomerates that need to streamline all business process into one, by integrating sales, inventory, marketing, warehouse management, manufacturing, and all professional services into one structure.
- It is suitable for omnichannel retail and supply chain industries that require business organization and e-commerce structuring.
Oracle ERP Cloud
- It is based on a more internal financial pathway that joins the entire company. Oracle encourages all companies to integrate their data and then analyse and manipulate it to meet their financial needs.
- The modules which are similar to SAP can be purchased separately and built to meet the customer demands.