You can now update Xperia Z3 to Android 6 Marshmallow using an unofficial CM13 custom firmware. Based on the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, developers have tweaked this custom ROM to be stable, smooth and fast. Bringing all the popular CyanogenMod features, follow this guide to update Xperia Z3 to Android 6.0.1 based CM13 custom firmware.
Note: There might still be some bugs in the ROM as it’s a work-in-progress. While the firmware is usable, if you don’t have any previous experience with flashing custom firmware, we recommend you to stick to the official releases.
Prerequisites to update Xperia Z3 to Android 6 CM13:
- Backup any important data from your Sony Xperia Z3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC.
- Sony Xperia Z3 must be rooted with unlocked bootloader and installed with a recovery tool.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash unofficial CM13 Android 6.0.1 on Xperia Z3:
- Connect your Xperia Z3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone memory’s root folder.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
- Switch off your Xperia Z3 and enter Bootloader mode: press and hold the Volume Up button while connecting the phone with a USB cable. Phone LED will turn blue indicating the Bootloader mode.
- Once in the Fastboot mode, on your PC, navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open Command Prompt with Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Run the following commands:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img press Enter.
- fastboot reboot and press Enter.
- Enter in the Recovery Mode: switch on the phone while pressing the Volume Up button a few times.
- Wipe data task: from the CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Also clean cache from wipe cache partition.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the unofficial CM13 Android 6.0.1 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Xperia Z3 into the new custom ROM.
- First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Don’t forget to let us know what you think of this custom firmware based on the latest version of Marshmallow.
Sony Xperia Z3 android update
Sony Xperia Z3 marshmallow update
How to Update Xperia Z3 to marshmallow
Article Source: wccftech