Linksys WiFi range extender setup is a very easy process if instructions are followed carefully step by step. Linksys signal booster (extender) is the best way to access speedy and uninterrupted internet throughout the home.
Such smart Linksys wireless devices take signals from main WiFi router, amplify them and then spread the signals all over the house– even in dead zones and blind spots also. Simply un-box the range extender, plug it into an electrical outlet and log in to extender.linksys.com.
Tactics for Manually Configuration of Linksys WiFi Range Extender
It hardly takes your time to configure Linksys WiFi range extender setup manually. Just some simple and rose petal steps to follow and you are done.
Before getting started with the setup process of Linksys smart wireless repeater (extender), you are supposed to get the basic information about your main WiFi router such as network channel, SSID or network name, password (security key) etc.
- First of all, reset your Linksys device back to default factory settings.
- After a couple of minutes power on the range extender.
- Once done, connect signal booster (extender) to the computer or a laptop.
- Open an up-to-date web browser of your choice and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar field.
If you encounter any problem while accessing setup and login page of range extender, feel free to get technical assistance from our certified experts on 1-844-748-5637 (toll-free). We are an honest and reliable solution partner of Linksys.
- For login into the Linksys initial setup page enter the login details (username and password).
- As soon as you do this the basic home screen will display.
- Here, you have to type in the network name of your main router and choose the manual option.
- Turn off the extender. After some time and turn it on again.
Well Done! You have manually done the completion of Linksys smart wireless range extender successfully.
A Quick Tip: in order to make sure that the range extender has been properly set up, access DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) table of the main router and check whether the Linksys device is listed there or not.
In case it is not, then it is requested to call our professionals and discuss all your annoying and brain-teaser queries. They will not only guide you about Linksys extender setup process but also remain connected with you until and unless your device has been set up completely and properly.
An Important Note: DHCP is a network protocol that enables a server to assign an IP address to a computer or laptop automatically from a defined range of numbers configured for a particular network.
Setup and Configuration of Linksys Range Extender via WPS Method
WiFi protected setup (WPS) is the security standard for a wireless home network that is used to make connections between router and smart WiFi-enabled device.
Here, we will provide some feather touch do-follow steps for WPS configuration of Linksys WiFi booster (extender):
- Plug in the WiFi extender to shock-proof power source.
- Gently press the WPS button on it.
- There you will see a WPS LED that indicates the status of Linksys extender.
- WPS Light Emitting Diode (LED) will turn to solid amber (orange) showing that the extender is being configured with the main router.
A LED (light-emitting diode) is a semiconductor light source which emits (release) light when current flows through it.
- Now, after a gap of a couple of minutes, the WPS LED will become solid green that shows the connection between the extender and smart devices (wired and wireless) is successfully initiated.
- If you have a dual-band extender, repeat the steps 1 and 2.
Good Job! You have successfully configured your Linksys WiFi range extender using WPS.
If you are tired of setting up your range extender and you didn’t get success then we insist you to reset your device once.
Steps to Reset Linksys Range Extender
If your Linksys smart range expander starts behaving in a weird manner suddenly or shows errors whether you are accessing http extender linksys com page, then it’s time to reset your device.
Below are few rose petal steps on how to reset Linksys range extender:
There are two methods to get the job done with ease.
Linksys extender reset using the web-based setup page
- Open a web browser of your choice and navigate to the web-based setup page.
- Hit the start button and after that, file explorer.
- Once done, click on the range extender symbol.
- When a login form pop up enter the username and password (default).
- Select the factory settings option and restore the default values for the extender settings.
Unplug your range extender and plug it back after a few minutes.
Restore the Default Settings of Extender via Reset Button
Note it down that the reset process includes Linksys extender password reset also. All the setting you have made will be wiped out, so make sure to note them down before performing the reset process.
- Insert the switch of the range extender into a wall plug and turn it on.
- Locate the reset button that is situated on the side or back panel of the Linksys device.
- Press and hold it for a short while and after that, release it.
Congrats! You have successfully reset your range extender back to default settings. So, if at any point you get stuck and need help, feel free to seek advice from our technical department via comment section below.