Are you looking for a wireless device to get high-quality WiFi connection at your home? If you are moving your head in a big yes, we would like to introduce you to the Linksys WiFi extender. It can prove as the best device for your WiFi-related problems. A Linksys extender works directly on your wireless signals. The device not only amplifies the existing WiFi signals but also makes them available at hard-to-reach places and those areas where you previously got no WiFi connectivity. In case you are willing to make the current router powerful, perform Linksys extender setup right away.
Having no experience in using a Linksys wireless extender? If yes, then you have landed at the absolutely right website. We are here to help you in completing the extender setup process through our instructional guide. When you attempt to set up a Linksys extender, you must have its default web address. Almost all Linksys range extenders make use of extender.linksys.com web user interface. For now, we will teach you how to set up a Linksys extender manually. Let’s take the plunge.
Prerequisites for Linksys extender setup
Before you get started with the setup, make sure to have the following things:
- Wireless network name or SSID
- Wireless channel
- Wireless password or network/security key
You can change all such settings through Linksys cloud account.
Tips to remember while setting up Linksys extender
Let’s have a look at some tips which ease the entire setup process ranging from Linksys extender router login to change the settings as per your desire.
- You must have a fast internet access.
- The extender should be turned on throughout the setup process.
- You should have correct credentials for Linksys extender login.
- Do not keep loose cable connections. If any, make it tight immediately.
- The LEDs should be blinking or solid green.
- Use the latest firmware version of extender.
- Make sure your web browser is running the newest version.
In addition to this, don’t forget to restore the default factory settings on your device. If you have no idea about how to reset Linksys range extender, feel free to call us at any time. Our skilled technicians are available round the clock to help you out.
How to connect Linksys extender
Bear in mind to connect your Linksys WiFi range extender to an available network so that the setup process is completed without any issue. To do so, plug in the device to a reliable wall socket.
Next, connect it to Linksys extender setup-xxx network. Wait for the connection to set up properly. Once it gets established, you can get started with the setup process.
Manually installing and configuring a Linksys extender
Setting up a Linksys range extender is too easy that you can do this on your own. Just pursue with the instructions highlighted below:
- Power on your extender by plugging it into an electrical socket.
- The wall plug should be relevant and reliable having no fluctuations.
- Now, switch on a Windows computer or Mac according to your convenience.
- Connect the computer to an available WiFi network.
- Access any web browser like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Explorer or Edge.
- Go to Linksys extender.linksys.com web address.
- Create an account using your email ID.
- Enter the password you like.
- Select the radio button.
- Enter the security settings.
Important Note: In case extender.linksys web address doesn’t work for you, use the default IP address for login.
Unplug the extender for some time and plug it in back. Hip, hip, hurray! Your Linksys extender has been set up successfully. If you wish to learn more about Linksys extender setup or login, contact us right now. Our experts are also available via online chat or email.